Etrian Odyssey Wiki:Administrators
Administrators are highly trusted members of the wiki, having access to a small number of additional functions such as deleting and protecting pages, but also having more responsibilities than regular users. They are the second highest-ranked group on the wiki, behind bureaucrats.
What do administrators and bureaucrats do?
Administrators have access to a number of additional functions, that help them better carry out their responsibilities of maintaining the wiki. These functions and roles include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages and files
- Patrolling the recent changes for edits that do not meet the wiki's quality standards, and reverting vandalism
- Blocking users who break the wiki's rules and policies
- Protecting pages which are prone to vandalism or edit warring
- Helping conflicting users to resolve disputes such as edit wars
- Running mass text replaces using the ReplaceText tool, in situations such as the localized release of a new game
- Moderating requests for permissions for patrollers, and taking appropriate action when a conclusion is reached
Please see the Administrators' guide for further information regarding the roles and abilities of administrators.
In addition to these roles, bureaucrats are also the primary arbitrators in contested requests for permissions and policy disputes, and have the ability to add or remove any user group from any user.
Interface administrators receive access to edit pages in the MediaWiki namespace, which affects the interface of the site for all users.
How do I become an administrator?
In order to become an administrator or bureaucrat, you must first be nominated for the position by either yourself or another user. Your nomination must then be discussed and voted on by the community before you can be promoted. For more details, please see here.
|Moydow (Talk • Contributions)||Administrator, Bureaucrat, Interface Admin||Active|
|Etrian Odyssey Wiki help pages|
|Basic editing||Getting started (To-do list) • Talk pages • Protected pages • Images (Image sourcing) • Moving pages • Redirects • References • Tables • Templates (Formatting templates) • Userboxes (list) • Help pages on MediaWiki.org|
|Advanced editing||HTML in wikitext • Custom signatures • Archiving talk pages • Administrators' guide|
|Other information||Administrators • User rights • Affiliates • About|