Join our new Discord server!
Welcome to Etrian Odyssey Wiki's Help Guide! Here, we hope to be able to answer any questions you may have regarding using and editing Etrian Odyssey Wiki. Note that this guide is an eternal work in progress, so more information will be added as deemed necessary.
You can also try looking at the help pages on MediaWiki.org if what you're looking for isn't covered here, but note that they will not cover anything specific to Etrian Odyssey Wiki.
Any suggestions for extra information to add to the guide can be placed here. Thanks!
- Getting started - Contains information on creating and editing pages, as well as basic Wiki coding.
- To-do list - Not sure where to start? Try checking here to see what needs to be done around the wiki.
- Talk pages - How to edit talk pages properly.
- Protected pages- General information concerning protected pages.
- Images - How to upload images and add them to pages.
- Image sourcing - How to properly credit the images you upload.
- Moving pages - How to move a page to a different name.
- Redirects - How to use redirects.
- References - How to locate, add, and display references in articles.
- Tables - How to design tables.
- Templates - How to create and use templates for pages.
- Formatting templates - A list of every available formatting template.
- Userboxes - How to add userboxes to your user page, and how to make a userbox.
- Userbox list - A list of all userboxes with the coding for each listed next to them.
- Help pages on MediaWiki.org - If you can't find what you need here, try looking here too.
Guidelines and Policies
- User accounts - Policies regarding account naming and the userspace.
- Coverage policy - What information is acceptable for coverage on Etrian Odyssey Wiki.
- Quality standards - What is expected in an article.
- File policies - Policies regarding images, such as naming and categorisation.
- Interwiki policy - Caveats on issues concerning relations with other wikis hosting similar content.
- HTML in wikitext (from Wikimedia Meta-Wiki) - HTML tags allowed for use in MediaWiki.
- Making a custom signature - All of those cool custom signatures you see people with? Here's how you make one of your own.
- Archiving talk pages - If a talk page is getting too long, it should be archived. Find out how here.
- Administrators' guide - All you need to know about how to use an administrator's tools.
- Administrators - Who are they and what do they do?
- User rights - What rights and abilities the various user groups have access to.
- Affiliates - Our affiliates, and how to join them.
|Etrian Odyssey Wiki help pages|
|Basic editing||Getting started (To-do list) • Talk pages • Protected pages • Images (Image sourcing) • Moving pages • Redirects • References • Tables • Templates (Formatting templates) • Userboxes (list) • Help pages on MediaWiki.org|
|Advanced editing||HTML in wikitext • Custom signatures • Archiving talk pages • Administrators' guide|
|Other information||Administrators • User rights • Affiliates • About|